This naan is prepared in a microwave oven with grill. The microwave oven that I’m using is samsung ce1041dfb.
Maida – 2 cups
Salt – 1 tsp
Sugar – 2 tsp
Baking powder – 2 tsp
Active dry yeast – 1/2 tsp
Curd/yoghurt – 2tbsp
Warm water for kneading
1. Add yeast and a pinch of sugar to half a cup of warm water and keep it aside.
2. Add maida, salt, sugar and baking powder in a bowl and mix it well with a fork.
3. Add the prepared yeast mixture and curd to the maida mix and mix well. now the mixture will be crumbly.
4. Add enough warm water to the mix to make a smooth dough. Cover it and keep it aside for 5-6 hours.
5. After the resting time the flour must have risen and will be vey soft. Divide the dough into 10 portions.
6. Preheat the oven. I have used the fast preheat option. This will heat the oven for 15 minutes.
7. Roll out each small portion of the dough to not too thin roti by dusting some maida to it.
8. After preheating the oven put two roti to the taller grill plate and grill for 3 minutes. Then take the roti out, brush with butter then flip it and again grill for 1 minute and 40seconds. After that take it out and again brush with butter.
9. Naan is ready and can be served with the curry of choice.
1. Brushing butter in between grilling will make the naan soft.
2. Different varieties can be made by adding grated garlic, Kalongi seeds, sesame seeds, poppy seeds to the roti before grilling.